Friday, February 27, 2009

thought bubble

think of the collective subconscious
as a huge thought bubble
with everyone's little thoughts
painting details in the big picture
you can keep filling in the blanks
there is more detail than anyone knows
and if you count the thoughts of little 'n big
the animals will tell you they are hungry

go as deep into thought chasm as you like, just you wait
you'll beg to see the morning light
a sunrise on the edge of this crevasse
sprinkling sunshine on the days
enlightening the thoughts
so you can see details
while letting the big thought bubble be

enticing all to show a face
to show up walking to the race
that has no end or finish line

he wins who strolls along the ground
he wins who knows what he has found
he wins who knows to make the sound
he wins but does not wear a crown

the thought bubble just floats around.

2 comments:

Brendan D'Arcy said...

Hey Gleb,

I like this one a lot. Very ambient. It's a big idea: it is expansive and irriducible; that's a very becoming feature for a poem about the collective subconscious.

The title rang a bell: I wrote a poem including the words "thought bubble" some time ago. I found it in my notebook and will post it in my blog ASAP.

Unknown said...

Gleb! I discovered your blog... ah yes :) hm so I was thinking about bubbles and their behavior (yes, I watch them float through my house until they pop.... doing the dishes is boring sometimes!) and I just wanted to mention that the collective 'thought bubble' reflects physical bubbles in that neither resist the flow, the currents of change. That is, bubbles are highly sensitive to their surroundings...annnd... sooo... all the more reason for people to be conscious of their thoughts! negative/positive thoughts affect more than their respective vessels (ie the person thinking them)-- they are the winds upon which the thought bubble rides. wow, who knew bubbles were so meaningful! haha, anyway, just thought you should know I found your writing stimulating as usual.